Top for gel polish. What is it for?
The nail field is very popular nowadays. And this is not surprising, because it is directly related to the «beauty» and, to be more precise, with the beauty of the nails of modern fashionistas. It is known that a beautiful and high-quality manicure directly depends not only on the professional master, but also on the necessary tools that he uses in the process of manicure.
Today, let's pay attention to such a tool as a top for gel polish - what it is, its direct functions, what types exist. So if you are a beginner, feel free to read our article, and if not even the «first day» in this case, this information will still be useful to you. Top for gel polish.
Why do you need it?
The top is the top finishing covering for fixing of color gel varnish and its protection against chips and burning out. The top includes natural rubber resin, which creates a strong layer on the plate, fixing the design, smoothing out the flaws and stains of the colored polymer.
The main functions of the top coating:
- protection of color from scratches, chips, cracks, fading, influence of the aggressive external environment.
- allows you to create the perfect glare.
- allows to make additional alignment.
- helps to fix designs and elements of a decor qualitatively.
- Some types of tops give manicure additional effects, such as matte.
- fastens the previous layers of varnish and provides durability of manicure, gives durability of a composition.
- protects from yellowing.
Types of tops
The following main types can be distinguished from manufacturers:
- with a sticky layer and without it.
- thick and liquid.
- with shimmer.
- for fixing designs.
With a sticky layer and without it
The sticky layer (dispersion) is the residual stickiness on the gel varnish, base and top after its polymerization in the lamp.
A sticky top is a widely used option. Combines with all polymers, covers different types of design.
The main functions of the dispersion layer:
- improvement of coupling between layers of an artificial covering: between base and gel varnish, gel varnish and top.
- giving elasticity to the gel-varnish coating, which is very important if the nails are flexible and well bent.
Based on the functions of the dispersion, it becomes clear that tops with a sticky layer have elasticity and are ideal for soft nails. On bending nails, such tops will «move» with the nail, not crack.
Top without a sticky layer
These types are often chosen by beginners. Tops without a sticky layer allow to reduce time of procedure and expenses of the master as have no dispersion which needs to be removed by special means. They are harder, suitable for strong nails. They will crack on soft, bending nails and when applied to a soft, plastic base.
Note: The main advantage of a coating without a sticky layer is the saving of the master's time. Immediately after polymerization in a lamp the manicure is ready and it is possible to release the client.
Thick and liquid
The consistency of tops can be thick and liquid, but these concepts are very relative. Some tops are as liquid as water. Some are so thick that they stretch like chewing gum. To understand the density of the top, it is enough to pull the brush out of the bottle and see how fast the material drains from the brush and how viscous it is. Tops of water consistency are most often without a sticky layer. Tops with a sticky layer can be both thick and more liquid.
There are 2 types of matte tops: velvet and satin.
Velvet tops - create a light matte finish on the nails, which is little different from the gloss to the touch and may begin to shine over time. Velvet tops are porous, and dirt is attracted to these pores. Therefore it is better to choose them for drawing on dark colors and colors of average tonality.
Satin tops - such pleasant sensations do not give any more. They are just matte, as if they passed on the surface with a super soft buff. After 1-2 weeks, begin to lightly mash and shine. They are ideal for light shades. Of course, they can get dirty, but in any case not as much as velvet.
Tops with shimmer (sequins) allow to give effect to any monophonic covering! Sequins in tops come in different sizes and shades, so you can easily create the desired effect.
Use gel polishes or tops with shimmer! They perfectly hide the shortcomings of the nail plate!
To consolidate designs
Tops for fixing designs - a separate category of tops. Thanks to the special formula they ideally fix designs (slider designs, designs in techniques of molding, rubbing, etc.) and due to the elasticity provide a long sock of an artificial covering without chips and peels.
After polymerization of a color layer it is time to cover a plate with a finish. Do not move the top close to the lamp, especially if the UV device is on.
Note: Based on the weight, the tops are 8, 12 and 15 ml. There are still 30 ml, but they are considered a «reserve», they usually come without a brush, but they can be poured into an ordinary jar.
Basic rules for applying the top
The top coating ensures the durability and strength of the manicure, but it is necessary to follow the rules of its application.
- Stir the top before use.
- Carefully open the viscous vial.
- Remove excess varnish, leaving a little on one side of the brush.
- Place the brush parallel to the plate.
- Put the first drop in the middle of the nail and stretch the product on the surface.
- Seal the end, apply a little top along the edge of the saw.
How to choose a top?
When choosing a quality top, always pay attention to the following criteria:
1. Consistency. It is better to choose a product with a thick consistency. The liquid will clog the cuticle and after drying will be untidy.
2. Brush in a bottle. should not be dense, neat, without protruding hairs.
3. Professional. Purchase original products from proven brands.
4. Rubber. It is an elastic and strong covering which will be adjusted to all bends.
5. Top without dispersion will save your time on materials for removal of stickiness.
Do you need a professional top? Buy it in our store